• The reputation and trustworthiness of the domain giving the website links. For instance, a link from cnn.com would have higher value compared to a link from a website that ranks lower in the Alexa rank checker.
• How relevant the anchor text is to the link. This means that an anchor text saying "fish tank" would be far more relevant and valuable than a "click here" anchor text.
• The link's location within the site structure. For obvious reasons, SEO links embedded on a site's homepage is more beneficial than a link that comes from a deeply hidden page.
• The link's visibility on a webpage. It also matters where the inbound link is located on a webpage. Website links at the top of a webpage are more visible than those at the bottom.
• Similarly, a link that's one of three on a page is more valuable than a link that's one of 80.
Now that you have an idea of how website links are given value, the question is: How do you get high quality links? The tips below will explain different methods of effective search engine optimization link building.